Amongst various other criteria, in order to be eligible for nationalization, an individual must:
- Hold a permanent resident status in the U.S. for a minimum of five years
- Be the spouse of a U.S. citizen and have held permanent resident status in the U.S. for a minimum of three years
- Have qualified service in the U.S. or armed forces
Children of U.S. citizens who currently reside outside the U.S. can also seek naturalization if they meet the other necessary criteria. If the individual meets all the necessary criteria to apply for citizenship, the applicant must complete the proper paperwork, attend an interview, and pass an English and civics test.
After this, the applicant must take an oath of allegiance before becoming a citizen. A naturalization lawyer like Ameneh Maghzi will prepare you for this process and inform you of the best ways to present your case when it comes time to interview and complete the other assessments.
Other benefits of hiring an attorney to help with naturalization include:
- Access to a solid support system through what can be a complex process: No matter what your situation might be, our team will be there to assist and help you navigate your case. We are familiar with all the nuances of immigration law and will be there to help you make the best decisions. Legal representation will help to legitimize the case and make sure the necessary materials are presented as efficiently and professionally as possible.
- Ability to appeal denied applications: If your application is initially denied, without the help of a lawyer, you might not know where to turn. We can help you file an appeal and help prevent the deportation process from occurring.
- Access to representation at legal hearings: Having a lawyer present will always be helpful in the event you are required to attend an immigration hearing. As legal professionals who are familiar with the specifics of your case, we will be a voice and an advocate throughout this process. We will help you prepare for the hearing and provide coaching regarding the best ways to answer specific questions that might arise.
- Access to learning materials and cultural adjustments: In the case that you are not familiar with the language, culture, or other information you will need to know when navigating the immigration process, we will be here to help you access the educational tools you’ll need and simplify the learning process.
- Access to a steady source of knowledge of an ever-evolving area: At Maghzi Law Firm, LLC, we are constantly updating our knowledge in order to keep up with modern immigration laws. We understand that you might not have the time and resources to do this yourself, but it is our mission to do so and to keep you informed of any ongoing changes as we help you achieve naturalization.
Given the amount of skill and experience this team has, we pledge to leave no stone unturned and going above and beyond to provide the best immigration services tailored to your needs.
With a large team on hand and English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Farsi language-speaking services available, we aim to provide all the resources you need to make the immigration process easier.
As an immigrant herself, founding attorney Ameneh Maghzi understands the difficulties of immigration and she has made it her mission to make the process as smooth as possible for her clients.
With our sole focus on immigration law, our firm is well equipped to handle a wide range of immigration services.