Going Above & Beyond for Our Clients K1 Fiancé Visa

K1 Fiancé Visa Lawyer in Charleston, SC

Assisting Clients With K1 Fiancé Visa Matters in South Carolina

If you are engaged to a foreign national and wish to bring them to the United States to get married, a K1 Fiancé visa is the appropriate visa type. This visa allows your fiancé to enter the United States for 90 days, during which time you must get married. After the marriage, your fiancé can apply for adjustment of status to become a permanent resident.

Our team of experienced immigration attorneys can guide you through the entire K1 Fiancé visa process, from initial application to final approval. We will ensure that all necessary documentation is correctly filed and that your application meets all the requirements.

Call Maghzi Law Firm LLC today at (843) 800-2750 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our fiancé visa attorney in Charleston.

What Are the Requirements for a K-1 Visa?

The K-1 Fiancé Visa, designed for foreign nationals engaged with U.S. citizens, has specific eligibility criteria:

  • Citizenship: The petitioner must be a U.S. citizen. Permanent residents (green card holders) cannot petition for a K-1 visa.
  • Intent to Marry: Both parties must genuinely plan to marry within 90 days of the foreign fiancé's arrival in the United States.
  • Previous Marriages: Any previous marriages must have been legally terminated through divorce, annulment, or death, with proper documentation to support these claims.
  • Meeting Requirement: The partners must have met in person at least once within the two years preceding the petition filing. Exceptions are made for cultural, religious, or social traditions prohibiting such meetings, provided sufficient proof is presented.
  • Financial Support: The U.S. citizen petitioner must demonstrate the capability to financially support the fiancé, ensuring they will not become a public charge. This typically involves meeting a certain income threshold.
  • Legal Capacity to Marry: Both parties must be legally able to marry in the United States, which includes being of legal age and meeting all other legal requirements for marriage.

How to Apply for a K-1 Visa

Applying for a K-1 Fiancé Visa involves several steps and meticulous attention to detail:

  • Form I-129F Petition: The process begins with the U.S. citizen petitioner filing Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This form often includes information about both the petitioner and the foreign fiancé and must be accompanied by supporting documents, like proof of citizenship, evidence of the relationship, and intent to marry.
  • USCIS Processing: After submission, USCIS reviews the petition. If approved, it is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) for further processing. The petitioner and fiancé will receive a Notice of Action indicating the petition's status.
  • NVC and Embassy Processing: The NVC allocates a case number and forwards the approved petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the fiancé's home country. The foreign fiancé will be instructed to complete Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, and gather the necessary documents for the visa interview.
  • Medical Examination and Interview: The foreign fiancé must undergo a medical examination by an authorized physician and obey a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. During the interview, a consular officer will assess the relationship's authenticity and the fiancé's eligibility. Required documents typically include proof of relationship, financial support evidence, and valid identification.
  • Visa Issuance: If the visa is approved, the foreign fiancé obtains a K-1 visa in their passport, allowing them to travel to the United States. Upon coming, the partners must marry within 90 days.
  • Adjustment of Status: After marriage, the foreign partner can apply for Adjustment of Status to become a lawful permanent resident (green card holder) by filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence, or Adjust Status.

How We Can Help You With K1 Fiancé Visa

Our Charleston K1 Fiancé visa service includes:

  • Comprehensive consultation to determine eligibility and answer any questions you may have
  • Assistance with gathering and organizing the necessary documentation
  • Preparation and filing of all required forms and supporting documents
  • Communication with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on your behalf
  • Representation at all necessary interviews and appointments
  • Guidance and support throughout the entire process

Contact Our Charleston K-1 Fiancé Visa Attorney Today

At Maghzi Law Firm LLC, we understand how important it is for you to be with your fiancé. That's why we are committed to providing you with the highest quality of service and personalized attention to help you achieve your immigration goals. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced K1 Fiancé visa attorneys. We look forward to working with you!

To seek a reliable source of legal support through your immigration process, call our K1 fiancé visa lawyer in Charleston today at (843) 800-2750 or contact us online.

Hear from Our Clients Testimonials

"Eles sao um grupo com exelentes profissionais, dispostos em atender em varios idiomas,tira qualquer duvida que o cliente tiver. Super recomendo!"

- Reginaldo Rocha

Put Our Passion & Experience to Work

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy
  • Biden’s New Order: How It Affects Asylum Petitioners
    Read Blog
  • Understanding Family Visas: What Charleston Residents Need to Know
    • Immigration ,  
    • Visas
    Read Blog
  • EB-3 Visa vs. Other Employment-Based Visas: Which Is Right for You?
    • Immigration ,  
    • Visas
    Read Blog
  • How change of the president in the U.S. can affect the immigration process; Trump vs. Biden
    • Asylum,  
    • Immigration ,  
    • In the News
    Read Blog
  • How an Undocumented Worker Can Be Eligible for a T-Visa
    • T Visas
    Read Blog
  • Navigating the Asylum Process in Charleston, SC: What You Need to Know
    • Asylum
    Read Blog